Mission: Love Your Family

Today was family day, as I believe all Sundays should be.  Hubby was home, which is sometimes a rare commodity due to the nature of his work, but lately has been happening more often.  (YEAH!!!)

He spent time helping Reece finish his car for the Boy Scout Derby Race this afternoon.  They began the project earlier in the week, and were super ambitious about the look they were trying to achieve.  Last night, however, neither of them were happy with the way the car looked.  So, they spent much of the early afternoon trying to modify the paint to their satisfaction.  I was pretty impressed with their final product, even if they weren't!




Would you just look at that cutie pie grin?  My heart is just melting!  <sigh>  He was all pumped and ready to race!  He and his friends were feeling a little silly, as most boys usually are when they get together for anything.  It was difficult to get them to stay seated and actually watch their cars race!  When they finally got settled, their little eyes were glued to the score board to see whose car rolled the fastest and who got first place.  They were all very good sports!




This was Reece's 1st Derby Race and he really enjoyed seeing all the other boys' cars and watching the races, even if he didn't make it to the Grand Finals.


So what does all this have to do with loving my family?  Well, I firmly believe that we must support each other in our endeavors.  Having your family stand by and watch while you do something you're proud of, in my opinion, can only encourage you to continue to try new things.  I believe it will give each of my children the confidence they will need later in life when they apply for college, a job, a promotion, or whatever else God leads them to do.  I want them to have the courage necessary to fulfill the purpose He has for them and its my job to help them find that courage.    Something as simple as a Boy Scout Derby Race is a good opportunity to do that.  Sometimes I just can't believe what a fun job God gave me!  Who could ask for anything better?

Blessings to you,
Dafne

No comments:

Post a Comment