Well peeps, baby boy is sick with an ear infection and his blood sugars have been all crazy this week!  We're doing everything we can to keep him under control but he just has not been feeling well.  At least I know the antibiotic is working because he's not waking up in the middle of the night screaming anymore.  That is always a good thing.  I hate it when my babies are sick!  Besides the ear infection, the hubs and my oldest have had some sort of tummy bug.  Needless to say, most of my work the past few days has not had much to do with home decor.  On top of the illnesses, the dryer went out on Wednesday.  Thank God it was only the heating element and it was a very quick (and inexpensive!) fix.  I'm also very thankful it went out and got repaired before hubby came down with the bug.

Now for some good news - my chairs came in!  Yippee!!!  Here they are, dum duh duh dum:





Oh lov-er-ly!  They are so squishy comfy and the kids love them just as much as I do.  (Hubby also approved.)  I think we're going to spend lots of time in here.  Just a few finishing touches and I will be overjoyed to have at least one room in our house complete!  I've got to figure something out with that table.  Hmmmm . . .

In between stops to the pharmacy and grocery store, (while everyone was still sleeping this morning) I was able to get in a little thrifting.  I picked up some pieces that I can't wait to show you.  I just haven't taken pics yet.  I found an item that I am going to spray paint and when I am finished it will look similar to this:




Instead of the $99 Pottery Barn wants, I paid $3.  Skip.  Jump.  Scream and shout! 
 I looooove a good bargain!

For less than half the price of that one little vase at Pottery Barn, I found the one I plan to re-do, two settings of the antique dishware I plan to use at my sister's shower, a large pillow that will be recovered and  used as a throw on the sofa, a metal napkin holder, metal cook book stand, sugar and creamer dishes, a large picture frame, and a few other items that I can't remember right now but will be showing you soon!

I sincerely hope you're having a blessed weekend and that all your loved ones are well.  I hope to have everyone well around here just as soon as possible so I can get back to all those projects I can't wait to show you!

Happy Homemaking!



No comments:

Post a Comment