Get. It. Out!

It's time for some major decluttering, folks!  Hubby and I started 3 days after Christmas by completely cleaning out and organizing the garage.  It felt sooooo good!  Next, I desperately want to clear out my daughter's room, which we just tackled LAST month (you can see the closet re-do here), but there is an area more pressing, more irritating, than even her room.

We have this ginormous closet in our living room (well, it's ginormous to us!) that is just swelling with, for lack of a better word, JUNK!  We have everything in there from old computer cables, to garage sale finds I have yet to transform into beauty, to boxes of I-don't-know-what that I packed up when I thought we were going to sell.  They are labeled, they are just so far back in the closet that I can't get to them to see what they are!


Can you say di.  sgust.  ing?

January always inspires me to get rid of things.  Out with the old, in with the new.  Or maybe, just throw the old out and enjoy the EMPTINESS of the space.  There is a novel idea for ya!  I have this incredible vision in my head of this closet becoming our indoor laundry room.  I'm so grateful for the washer and dryer, and the roof over my head, which are like a wonderful slice of cake compared to what many people have.   But having it indoors, rather than in the garage, would just be icing!  I can just see all the shelving, and the cabinets and the new, painted sheetrock, and the fabulous lighting.  <sigh>

If you aren't already addicted to Pinterest, you're about to be.  Please don't tell your kids, your spouse, or your dog, that you found out about it from me!  They will not like me or think I am a good influence at all

So here are some of my (well, not really) ideas for this space:


utility room
Who wouldn't want to do laundry in a space like this?  It's all white and bright and airy!


Laundry

This would add some much needed humor to the mundane task of cleaning all those tighty whities!

Utility with lots of cabinets/drawers

I'm pretty sure my closet goes all the way to the exterior side of the house. 
Adding a window would bring sunshine and happiness into the space!
(Well, I can dream about the window making me happy to do laundry, right?)
Not to mention those gorgeous floors!  Have you seen the tile you can buy
that looks like wood flooring? (Sing it like an Opera Star) LOVE!!
Home Depot carries it.  You can check it out here.


laundry rooms

Something like this would be simple to do and wouldn't break the bank!


So, there you have it.  Just ONE of my dreams for the new year - an indoor laundry room.  A place where I can find all the missing socks, store all the extra band-aids, and maybe, just maybe, not see any creepy crawlies when I'm in there!  Have you HEARD about the bugs in Texas?  Sheesh!  They're huge!  And they love my warm, dryer-sheet scented garage.  I despise them all!  I could get write a whole other post about hating bugs and all I do around the house to prevent them.  I'll save that for later.

What have you dreamed up for your home this year?  I'd love to hear about it!





No comments:

Post a Comment