Making a Change

The master shower project is


dragging


on


and


on.


But it's looking good.  The door has been ordered and the finishing touches are coming along.  More pictures to come soon.


For now, I'm planning on buying some paint for another project I decided to start.  Baby boy's room is being transformed into the play/school room.  He and his sister sleep in the same room every night anyway, soooooo his room will become the play / learn / kid space.  Her room will become the sleep / store clothing/extra linens space.  


At least that way maybe I can get all the toys, books, games and puzzles in one room, and the sheets, pillows, sleeping bags and stuffed animals in another room.  I'm hoping this solves my organization dilemma for now.  I'm just grateful they love to be around each other all the time.  Being only 17 months apart, they stick to each other like glue on most days.




Here is what his dysfunctional, disorganized room looks like.  Embarrassing, right?  
I don't know how he can stand to be in there -chaos!







Wow, what's up with all the junk on the night stand?  We're really going to declutter this week!
(And I'm not sure what was wrong with the lighting in this pic?
And how do ya like that unmade bed, huh?)

My kids definitely did not inherit my perfectionism!




The bed, nightstand and dresser will all get a coat of navy blue paint.  The furniture will get rearranged.  The walls will get some new art.  I'm probably going to be on craigslist trying to find something to transform into a desk-type arrangement along the window wall.  And we'll try to do something about the lack of light in this space.  I'm trying to keep the transformation under $200.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy Homemaking!



No comments:

Post a Comment