Photo Friday




We had a crazy, busy week.  Thought I would share some photos of the fun stuff!

Grace got a new turtle and named it Emma, after her new BFF.  This happened as a result of a science lesson and is going to be a very long project, indeed!  Mississippi map turtles can live to be 30 years old if cared for properly!  (I guess the key words are "if cared for properly".  We'll see how this goes.)




She also had some fun with drawing this week.  Here is a sketch she made while looking at the packaging from the clementine oranges the kids love to eat so much.  This "cutie" orange is better than anything I could draw!




She's usually the only one who asks (and poses for) photo ops.  This one was taken on a field trip with our homeschool group yesterday.




This next pic is of a book I saw at the Dollar Tree today.  I had to snap a photo because a friend and I were recently talking about the little sing-song voice our parents would use when saying:  "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me".  We decided that really doesn't make any sense because words can sometimes be more painful than anything physical.  I just thought it was funny that someone wrote a book with this title.  And I love the little cover drawing, too!




The kids had fun goofing off today.  The younger two had to really convince big brother to get in the picture.  See him using his fingers to force a smile?  He wasn't feeling the silliness.  He was a good sport anyway, I suppose.




At the end of all our errand-running today, we stopped to get the pups from the groomers.  The boy who never smiles looks pretty happy with these lovable guys in his lap!



It would be really nice if I could say that after a busy week we have a nice, restful weekend planned.  Not so.  Tomorrow is baseball registration, two vet appointments, signing up for cake decorating classes and a long list of household chores.  I'm not complaining, just trying my best to enjoy this busy, busy season of my life.  Maybe Sunday will be a day of rest!




No comments:

Post a Comment