Meal Plan Monday

When you ask your family what they would like for dinner, do you get the response, "food" ?  Well, that's the answer I get at my house all.   the.   time.  Seriously?  My family has an incredible lack of motivation in helping me plan meals.  They like to eat, that's for sure, but having a hand in putting together the menu is not something they look forward to.  So when I sat down to plan this week's menu, I was feeling discouraged.  I had absolutely no ideas about what to prepare, but I knew I didn't want it to be the same ole, same ole.

Thank God for Pinterest!

I said a quick prayer that God would help me get over my grumbly attitude, and I got to work searching for some new meals to put on our table this week.  Not all of them are healthy, in fact several are loaded with dairy and cheese, but I think they are going to please every member of my family.  (Including my vegetarian self, and my oldest son who won't touch a vegetable other than potatoes or spinach.)  I thought I'd share my plan with you, in hopes of giving you a little bit of inspiration (and holding myself accountable to stick to my plan!)

Monday:  Tortellini Spinach Bake in Creamy Lemon Sauce with crusty bread and a salad


Recipe here 


Tuesday:  Veggie tacos for me, beef tacos for them, with black beans and cilantro lime rice  (recipe link)



Wednesday:  Pasta Salad (with baked chicken for them) and bread




Thursday:  Burgers on homemade brioche buns with oven fries  (I'll have a black bean burger, of course!)



 Bun recipe     

                               




Friday:  Spinach stuffed shells with a salad




Saturday:  Spinach alfredo pizza (homemade crust) with salad (can you tell we eat our greens?) and baked mac-n-cheese  (just in case the little two make a face at the spinach pizza)


I got the recipe for the pizza topping here
(the only variations I am planning are to make a crust from scratch instead of using the Pillsbury crust she recommends and I'll add shredded mozzarella to the top)

the homemade pizza crust recipe is here

and the mac-n-cheese recipe is here


I'm going to try my hand at homemade bread this week.  I found a recipe for a french loaf here.  I've never attempted it before, but if I can do it, we just might stop buying the bagged variety.  


Mmmm . . . you can't tell me you'd rather have Mrs. Bairds.  I sincerely hope my efforts are successful!


I checked my attitude, got my heart and mind in the right place, and I plan to spend some time creating meals that let my family know how much I love and care for them.  What are you cooking up in your kitchen this week?  Next Monday will come all too fast, if you have any ideas or recipes for me (especially vegetarian) I would love to hear from you!



Happy Homemaking!




4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, it all looks so good! Since we discovered gluten intolerance in hubbie and younger daughter, it is rare that we have pastas and breads anymore.
    *Sigh*
    However, the beauty is that everything can be converted to gluten free products, so I will keep these in mind.

    I love how you God answered your prayers via Pinterest. How could you stay grumpy searching for ideas there? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! Have you tried using rice or tapioca flour for breads? I haven't yet, but I'm trying to build up the confidence (and recipe folder) to make more things gluten-free. I LOVE cooking, even in my teeny-tiny kitchen. There is nothing like the smiling faces of my family when they are satisfied with a meal I lovingly prepared. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've not only inspired me, you've made me hungry! Those recipes look awesome! I hadn't thought of using Pinterest to look for new menu ideas. We're vegetarian, too, so these are great! Thanks so much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kasey, thanks for the opportunity to link up! I love your blog. It's always nice to "meet" a fellow vegetarian. Hope you enjoy the recipes and thanks for stopping over!

    ReplyDelete