Foodie Friday

So I had to be really nerdy and look up the definition of a foodie before I decided it was ok to call myself one.

The Urban Dictionary defines a foodie as "someone who loves everything there is to know or learn about food".

Uh, yeah, I am DEFINITELY a foodie!!



I LOVE to eat.  I love to cook.  I love to bake.  I love to FEED PEOPLE.

It just gives me a great sense of joy and pleasure to see someone enjoying the taste of something I have created.

I haven't talked about it much on the blog, yet, but I have come a long way on my journey with food.  I have learned so much about how our bodies react to so many things I used to not even notice on the ingredient list.

I want to share all that I have learned with you.  My hope is that you'll get just as excited and eager to learn and grow and change in your eating habits as I am.  Your body (and your taste buds) will thank you!

So, every Friday here is going to be "Foodie Friday".  I'll post recipes, information on things I've learned, spotlight great clean, healthy or natural Food Blogs, and ask you to share what you know.

To get started, leave a comment below with your favorite food blogs, recipe sites, or tips and tricks for eating healthy on the go (and with kids!)  Let's all learn more about food together!

Thanks for visiting me - I hope you'll come back soon!


1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great idea! I really started looking at what we were eating sometime last year. It started with a PBS special with Mark Hyman and everything he said really opened my eyes to what we are actually putting into and doing to our bodies. (http://drhyman.com/) Little by little I'm trying to change our family's eating habits (with the older kids being the most challenging). We have come a long way but have a ways to go. I would love to hear what you and others are doing to eat naturally! My biggest resource so far has been Pinterest and the websites it leads me to. I was thinking it would be neat to have a facebook group where we could talk about things we are doing, too, and ask questions- just wasn't sure how many people would be interested in joining that group. Maybe I'll start it and see what happens! Looking forward to "Foodie Friday!"

    ReplyDelete