Day 2 of the Love Yourself, Lose Your Junk Mission in Grace's Room

Today went really well!  We completed Step 3 in it's entirety.  I thought for sure this was going to take at least a few days.  We went through 3 large black trash bags, 2 huge boxes, and the miscellaneous stuff that had just been scattered on the floor.  Grace did a really great job letting go of what she KNOWS she has not used in years.  We had a good discussion about charity and sharing our blessings with those who are less fortunate.  She let go of toys, clothes AND dolls.  Wow - I was one proud mama!!  We have 1 large bag of DONATE items ready to go to the church tomorrow, 1 bag of trash, and 2 cardboard boxes to recycle.  We figured out why, even when all the laundry is done, she couldn't find any of her clothes - she had them "hidden" among all that junk in her room!  We have two loads to wash tomorrow and then she'll have a full closet again.  Can you say relief?  *SIGH*

I think she learned an important lesson about why it's so important to keep things neat (a lesson she learns each year around this time when I do my crazy purging thing.)  She was so excited when she "found" one of her favorite stuffed animals, a shirt she's been looking for, and the new tennis shoes we just bought her last week.  

I wanted to take a picture of her smiling face as she sat on her pretty flower rug playing with her Barbies, but sadly, my camera batteries were dead.  Talk about uh-noy-ing!  Ugh!  They're on the charger now peeps - so hopefully there will be more pics tomorrow.

I can tell you from experience that losing your junk really does feel like loving yourself - and once I upload the pic of my daughter's smiling face, you just might believe it too!

Blessings to you,
Dafne



No comments:

Post a Comment